President and CEO, Beebe Medical Foundation • Women in Business Luncheon Keynote Speaker (Downstate)
Beebe Healthcare Medical Foundation
Aliquo can’t wait to see how different Beebe Healthcare’s campuses will look in five years. Aliquo and her team have raised more than $40 million during the past five years to fund renovations. Plus, Aliquo is behind the “I Believe in Beebe” capital campaign, which ends this month after reaching its goal of $34 million.
The president and CEO of the Beebe Medical Foundation found her passion for fundraising at a previous job as a director of development. An accountant by trade, switching to this career path was a change, but making a difference was what mattered. “I fell in love with fundraising,” Aliquo says.
As Aliquo sees Beebe doctors and nurses change lives, she’s happy to be a driving force behind that. In September, Aliquo announced she would retire this month. It’s bittersweet for the foundation president, who is happy to spend more time with her family, but says she will miss her fundraising work. As keynote speaker for the Women in Business downstate luncheon, Aliquo will discuss her career and how she got to where she is today. She says her biggest piece of advice is to surround yourself with a great team. And for those interested in fundraising, she says the ask is only 10 percent of the job and working with people is the other 90 percent.