Archmere focuses on the whole student by offering technology-infused programs, a rigorous curriculum supported by student-teacher partnerships, a host of extra-curricular opportunities and a fully utilized collegiate-style campus to create the exceptional educational experience that is Archmere.
Archmere students are inspired to achieve by the relationships they form with their teachers, friends, administrators and staff. It is through these connections that our students find the support, guidance, motivation and knowledge they need to reach their highest achievement and find true, personal distinction.
Archmere is founded in faith and evolving for the future. Founded by the Norbertine Fathers and rooted in the traditions of academic excellence, social development, community service and faith reflection, Archmere Academy continues to adapt to an ever-changing world, employing the best practices for 21st century-learning and challenging today’s students to become tomorrow’s leaders.
Archmere offers an elite educational program. Since its founding in 1932, Archmere has been known for its rigorous academic program and excels in the following ways:
- A student-teacher ratio of 9:1 with an average class size of 16;
- 21 Advanced Placement (AP) course offerings;
- In 2015, 97 percent of the over 170 Archmere students who took AP exams scored a 3 or higher;
- Three full exchange immersion programs with France, Germany and Spain;
- 83 percent of faculty hold advanced degrees with an average of 15 years of experience;
- The Archmere class of 2015’s mean SAT score was 1903 (out of 2400), 535 points higher than the Delaware average, and 413 points above the national average; and
- Archmere is an Apple Distinguished School with 1:1 laptop-student ratio in a 21st century-learning environment.
Archmere’s academic program is strengthened by the technology infusion that is utilized to enhance instruction in multiple content areas primarily through the use of laptops and iPads. It’s balanced by numerous opportunities to participate in sports, community service, performing and fine arts, and over 50 extra-curricular clubs and activities. In short, Archmere is a place where students come to discover who they are by exploring interests, developing skills and nurturing talents.
Archmere Academy is a Catholic, Norbertine college preparatory school, valuing community, respect, zeal, reverence and wisdom. Nurturing body and soul, mind and heart, Archmere focuses on the whole person through academic excellence, faith reflection, social development and service to others. Inspired by its heritage, Archmere cultivates empathetic leaders—young men and women prepared for every good work.
3600 Philadelphia Pike
Claymont, DE 19703