October Dates to Remember for Making Strides
Whether you’re running, walking or cheering, you’re making a difference.
The American Cancer Society is leading the way in transforming breast cancer from deadly to treatable and from treatable to preventable. In Delaware this year, approximately 760 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed. Join the Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer events so that more breast cancer survivors can celebrate more birthdays!
In 2013, the American Cancer Society:
- Invested more than $84 million in breast cancer research.
- Connected more than 14,000 women to Reach to Recovery trained breast cancer survivors for one-on-one emotional support.
- Provided more than 38,000 patients with guidance for appearance-related effects of treatment though “Look Good Feel Better” and free wigs.
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Kent and Sussex Counties
Sunday, Oct. 19, 2014
8:30 a.m. 5K Run, 9 a.m. 3-mile walk
Delaware Tech-Owens Campus
18800 Seashore Hwy, Georgetown
Contact: Josette.firstname.lastname@example.org or (302) 827-4936
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Wilmington 5K Run/Walk
Saturday, Oct. 11, 9 a.m.
Wilmington Riverfront, Dravo Plaza
Contact: Peter.email@example.com or (302) 669-6324
Making Strides Wilmington Post-Event Party
Saturday, Oct. 11, 2014
Kid Shelleen’s, 1801 W. 14th St., Wilmington
Food, refreshments and fun!
Special promotions will go to support the American Cancer Society’s fight against breast cancer.
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer fundraising can make a significant impact:
- $20 Could help provide free information and support for someone facing cancer.
- $50 Could help provide four rides for a patient to or from cancer treatment.
- $100 Could help guide four women facing breast cancer through their journey.
- $1,000 Could help a cancer researcher investigate cancer, its causes, or how to help patients cope with the effects of disease and treatment.