7 Things to Know About Delaware's First Ever Pride Parade
The LGBT community event kicks off the Delaware Pride Festival, and will be held in Dover on June 1.
Adobe Stock.//By mbruxelle
1. The first ever Delaware Pride Parade will take place from 9-10 a.m., starting at the intersection of South West and Loockerman streets. Festival entertainment is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and there will also be two official after parties.
2. There is no cost of entry for the festival.
3. The original rainbow flag debuted in 1978.
4. Eight colors first appeared on the flag.
5. Six colors appear on the current flag.
6. Delaware Pride was founded on April 29, 1997.
7. There is a $100 prize for best rainbow pride outfit at the festival.
Visit delawarepride.org for more information.