Delaware Fashion: Kim Krzanowski of Style Savvy With Kim
Super Saver: Feeling fab but frugal? Meet Kim Krzanowski
Earrings | Kmart
Dress | Goodwill
(on sale, originally $6)
Belt | Burlington Coat Factory
Nine West, $7
Jacket | Goodwill
The Limited, $10
Clutch Purse | Forever 21
Clearance rack, $8
Watch | Macy’s clearance rack
Style and Co., $14.99
Shoes | Sacks Thrift Avenue Consignment Boutique
Enzo Angiolini, $15
Total: $ 60.98
The lovely owner of Style Savvy With Kim would never pay full price to look good, and neither should you. She can sniff out a good clearance rack in a heartbeat. Consignment shops and Goodwill stores: She’s all over that. It doesn’t matter if that blouse cost $10 or $100. Nobody has to know.
Tips for savvy shopping
Always look for high-end brands and search for classics. Polka dots never go out of style.
Shop often to get the best deals. Be ready to search, and try things on.
Be realistic and creative. This is not department store shopping, so you create the look you want.
Re-create designer looks by finding items that are similar in color. If the color of the season is coral, find a coral shirt, jacket or scarf.
Brag! Tell your friends your entire outfit costs $25. Then watch them salivate.
Top 5 Places to Shop Cheap
- Goodwill Stores for dresses, pants, jackets, accessories (goodwill.org)
- Consignment/Resale Stores for designer clothes and purses. Try Sacks Thrift Avenue (sacksthriftavenue.vpweb.com) and Great Stuff (greatstuffresale.com).
- Clearance Racks at department stores for seasonal clothing pieces. We suggest Kohl’s, Kmart and Macy’s.
- Forever 21 for trendy accessories and jewelry (forever21.com)
- Savvy Swap Parties Krzanowski hosts shindigs that encourage women to bring items they don’t wear anymore and swap clothes with others. Do try this at home.