Since 1987 we have put the needs of our clients first. We have chosen to handle a limited number of cases to insure that we can do the best job possible for each client we agree to represent. Our commitment is to excellence in handling each client's case.
Our practice is limited in the number of clients that we are willing to represent at any one time. We have a firm commitment to represent each client fully and capably. Our practice is not based on volume but rather limiting the number of clients to those that we can fully and fairly represent. Our lawyers have been successful in some of the most difficult negligence litigation in the state's history. Our firm has been responsible for the largest verdicts in both medical malpractice and automobile accident litigation in the state's history. Our success is based on years of solid results based on hard work and a commitment to excellence.
Our offices are located in the former Cool Spring Meeting House which was built in 1915. We purchased the building in 2001 and have completely renovated it to reflect the unique quality of both the building and our firm.
Bartholomew J. Dalton
Medical Malpractice, Product Liability, Pharmaceutical Liability, Construction Liability, Wrongful Death, Accidents at Work, Birth Injuries, Brain and Spinal Injuries, Burn Injuries, Civil Rights, Clerical Sexual Abuse, Commercials and Business Litigation, Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse, Premises Liability, Sports and Recreation Injuries, Personal Injury
• 1993 - Present: Listed in Best Lawyers in America
• 1998 - Present: Delaware Today Magazine - Best Lawyers in Delaware Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury
• 2009: Best Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year 2009, Personal Injury Litigation, Wilmington, Delaware.
• 2009: Board of Regents, American College of Trial Lawyers
• 2009: Litigation Counsel of America
• 2007 - 2010: Philadelphia Magazine "Super Lawyers" Edition Top Ten Lawyers in Delaware
• 2004: Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
• 2003: Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
• 1977: University of Tulsa Law School, Order of the Curule Chair for Academic Excellence
• 1976 - 1977: University of Tulsa Law Review
• 2000 - Present: Dalton & Associates, P.A., Plaintiff Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, and Clerical Sexual Abuse;
• 1987 - 2000: Partner, Brandt and Dalton, P.A., Plaintiff Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury;
• 1983 - 1987: Chief Deputy Attorney General, Delaware Department of Justice;
• 1981 - 1983: Associate, Brandt and Benson, P.A., General Civil Practice;
• 1977 - 1981: Deputy Attorney General, Delaware Department of Justice (1977: Juvenile/Family Court, 1978: Trial Division, 1980 - 81: Rape Unit).
Laura J. Simon
Accidents at Work, Car, Truck, Motorcycle Accidents, Sports and Recreation Injuries, Personal Injury
Delaware Bar Association; Delaware Trial Lawyers Association
Phi Delta Phi. Member, Widener Law Symposium Journal. Judicial Clerkship with the Hon. Fred Silverman, Superior Court of New Castle County, Delaware, 1997. Volunteer, Office of the Child Advocate.
Stephen D. Brinton
Medical Malpractice, Product Liability, Pharmaceutical Liability, Wrongful Death, Birth Injuries, Brain and Spinal Injuries, Burn Injuries, Personal Injury
Pennsylvania Bar Association, Philadelphia Bar Association, American Association for Justice
Critical Care Internship, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 1997. Clerkship, Dalton & Associates, P.A., 2001.
Andrew C. Dalton
Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury and Criminal Defense
Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware Bar Association, Philadelphia Bar Association and Delaware Trial Lawyers Association.
Graduate of Hampshire College and the Villanova University Law School, Member of the Delaware Bar, he is licensed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and the Federal District Court of Delaware.
Please click here to contact us directly.