The University of Delaware’s Division of Professional and Continuing Studies provides educational opportunities for adults who seek to enhance their professional skills, to begin or complete college careers, or to enrich their personal lives.
• Certificates and professional development programs give practical knowledge and skills in a specific field. Because individuals can earn a University credential in a relatively short time, these programs are ideal for those who want to move ahead in their careers. Certificates are available in the business, health care and legal fields.
• Courses for academic credit allow adults to return to school to earn a degree, develop a particular professional skill, or study an area of personal interest. Classes are available in the daytime, evening and online.
• Professional and Continuing Studies provides training and educational services to businesses, organizations and professional associations. Customized learning solutions help organizations achieve employee development goals in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
• For those over 50 and interested in learning for its own sake, the Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes at the University of Delaware provide the opportunity to take classes, teach, and exchange ideas. No grades or exams, no educational prerequisites, just learning for the fun of it. Programs are located in Wilmington, Dover, Lewes and Bethany Beach.
• Educational planning and advisement, career counseling and learning skills development are offered to the community free of charge through the ACCESS Center. ACCESS has been helping individuals achieve their educational and career goals for over 30 years. The center is located at 850 Library Avenue in Newark, and advisers are available for daytime, evening and phone appointments.
Through Professional and Continuing Studies, the University extends its vast resources, research information, technological advances and knowledge.
Mon., 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Tues., 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Wed., 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Thurs., 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Fri., 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.