← Return to search

Arts and Entertainment

Barratt's Chapel and Museum

Map6362 Bay Road
Frederica, DE
302-335-5544
    Categories:
  • Museums and Arts Centers

Description:

Barratt's Chapel was built in 1780 on land donated by Philip Barratt, a prominent political figure in Kent County, Delaware. Barratt wanted to build a center for the growing Methodist movement in Delaware. The chapel earned its title as the "Cradle of Methodism" in 1784, when, during a Christmas Day conference, the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized.

Additional Information:

Edit Module Edit ModuleShow Tags

Business Listings

Edit Module
Edit Module