Presbyterian Ministers Restore New Castle County Farmhouse
Heaven on Earth: A Presbyterian minister couple faithfully restores a home built in 1735.
(page 4 of 4)
Get the Look
- Create an inviting entry. The Revs. Pringle and Potter painted the exterior a soft cream, replaced an industrial metal door with a wooden door and planted a canopy of wisteria over a porch roof.
- Take your cue from the existing architecture and interiors. When the couple made space for a powder room and coat closet in the foyer they had a carpenter replicate the same wood-paneled doors found throughout the house.
- Surround yourself with pieces that are meaningful. The Revs. Pringle and Potter cherish furniture
- handed down through the family, including a fireplace mantel salvaged from a Victorian in New Jersey.
- Accommodate modern amenities. The updated house includes a new kitchen, master bath and walk-in closet.
- Do your research. Before they bought the house the couple brought in tradespeople to determine what needed to be done and how much it would cost.