This Fragrant Turmeric Latte Is An Amazing Way to Start Your Day
Whip up a cup—hot or iced!—of caffeine-free goodness.
RELATED: 8 Anti-Aging Superfoods to Try
Serves: 1 (makes one large mug)
Calories per serving: About 160 calories with soy milk (more or less depending on the type of non-dairy milk you use)
Prep and cook time: About 10 minutes
- 3 pitted dates (if you’re using jumbo dates, just use two), simmered in water for five minutes
- 1 cup of plain, unsweetened organic soy milk or any other unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract liquid
- Pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Tiny pinch of pepper
- Cinnamon or nutmeg to dust the top
1. After simmering the dates, remove them from the water and discard the water. Place the dates in a blender with everything but the cinnamon or nutmeg used for the garnish. (Options include adding cinnamon powder, cacao powder and/or nutmeg to the blender with the rest of the ingredients for an “extra yummy kick,” she says.) Blend until the dates are totally incorporated, about two minutes depending on the blender.
2. If you want a cold drink, pour into a glass and add ice. If you want a hot drink, pour the mix into a small pot and heat, whisking continuously until it reaches your desired temperature.
3. Pour into a mug, dust the top with a little cinnamon powder and enjoy.