Low-Fat Roasted Radishes at the Ready (recipe)
Consider this quick recipe to complement your protein.
1 pound of mixed radishes, such as French breakfast, garden or round radish, and black radish
Olive oil to coat radishes
Salt and black pepper to season
1-2 tablespoons chopped savory or thyme
2 medium carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and cut carrots into sticks about 1/4 inch thick and 1 1/2 inches long.
- Blanch in boiling water until tender crisp. Cool and set aside.
- Cut the radishes in different shapes. (Lengthwise for French breakfast, halves and quarters for garden radishes, wedges for the black radishes. Scrub or peel the black radishes.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the raw radishes and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with chopped savory or thyme.
- Transfer radishes to an oven-proof sauté or small roasting pan. Cook oven for about 12 minutes or until just tender.
- While radishes cook, blend blanched carrots with savory or thyme and warm in a sauté pan on top of the stove.
- Combine in a mixing bowl and toss together.