Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth With This Vegan Pina Colada Cupcake Recipe
Provided by Jenn Adams of Fresh Thymes Café in Wilmington.
This healthy dessert recipe is courtesy of Jenn Adams of Fresh Thymes Café in Wilmington. Enjoy.
- 2 cups sprouted wheat or whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup shredded raw coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil cupcake tin with coconut oil so cupcakes don't stick or use cupcake papers. Melt coconut milk. Mix in maple syrup, vanilla and applesauce. Add flour, baking powder and sea salt. Gently mix in fresh pineapple and coconut. Pour each tin 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes. Makes 12.