This Pumpkin Hummus Recipe is Perfect for Holiday Parties
Whip up this fragrant, filling snack in no time.
- Two 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans
- One 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 5 ounces lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Water (as needed for texture)
Rinse garbanzo beans under running water to remove excess salt. Place the beans and a splash of water in a blender, and purée to a smooth paste. Add pumpkin, lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, garlic, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Purée again until smooth. This is a fairly sweet purée; serve it with crackers or vegetables.