Charred Spring Onion Orecchiette Pasta (Recipe)
This healthy recipe is courtesy of Chef Hari Cameron of a(MUSE.) and grandpa (MAC.) restaurants in Rehoboth Beach. Enjoy.
Charred Spring Onion Orecchiette Pasta with English Peas, Leeks, Garlic, Parmesan and Fresh Goat Cheese
4 cups fresh charred orecchiette pasta available from grandpa (MAC.), or other pasta of your choice
4 cups fresh English peas or frozen if not available
1 bunch green onion
4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
1 ½ tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
8 ounces leeks (white parts only)
1 cup Greek yogurt
½ cup Parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup goat cheese
Zest of one lemon
15 basil leaves
Snow pea tendrils
1. Put large pot of well seasoned water on high heat and bring to a boil for pasta cooking.
2. Add 2 cups peas, yogurt, 1/4 cup Parmesan, lemon zest, pinch of salt, and cracked black pepper into a food processor and blitz until a smooth yogurt purée.
3. Preheat a large sauté pan on medium heat. Once hot, add oil, pinch of salt, garlic, leeks and green onion. Sauté ingredients until lightly caramelized. Once starting to caramelize remove pan from heat.
4. Cook pasta until al dente. If the pasta is fresh it will only take a minute. If using dry pasta it could take seven to 10 minutes.
5. When the pasta is finished add it to the sauté pan. Add 3 ounces of pasta water, remaining peas and yogurt purée to pan. Toss sauce and pasta together until creamy and emulsified.
6. Garnish pasta with microplaned Parmesan, snow pea tendrils, basil leaves and goat cheese.