Meet the 8 Chef-Tenants Who Will Reside at DECO Food Hall
The new restaurants will cook under one roof in downtown Wilmington starting April 18.
Phubs will serve Vietnamese pho, banh-mi subs and rice bowls.//courtesy of DECO
The food scene in downtown Wilmington just keeps growing. On Thursday, March 28, the chef-tenants were finally announced at the much-anticipated DECO (short for Delaware Collective), a new food hall that is opening next month in the rejuvenated ground floor of the historic Dupont Building at 10th and Orange Streets.
Phubs drunken dunk salad bowl.//courtesy of DECO
Chef-tenants at DECO will include:
- Spark'd, a creative pastry shop specializing in all-day baked goods, coffee and special-occasion cakes
- Connie's Chicken & Waffles, a Baltimore favorite that is thrilled to expand into Wilmington
- Pizzeria Bardea, a James Beard semifinalist with Neapolitan-inspired pies and farm-to-table salads
- Phubs, serving Vietnamese pho, banh-mi subs and rice bowls
- The Verandah, an Indian street food outpost for samosas, kabab wraps, chaats, parathas and tikki masala
- Stripp'd, offering smoothies, juices, acai bowls and salads
- Al Chu's Sushi, sushi and poke—and a triumphant return—from a Wilmington legend
- The Pop-Up, or "test kitchen," which will serve as a home to a rotating roster of chef-tenants that will change biweekly to monthly throughout the year. The first tenant of The Pop-Up will be Dan Sheridan and the Locale BBQ Post, with barbecue sandwiches and classic sides.
DECO will officially open to the public at 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 18, with celebratory events and festive surprises throughout the evening and until midnight on Friday, April 19. The grand opening party will feature live music, swag giveaways, entertainment for kids and families, a photo booth and food and drink available for purchase from all eight DECO vendors.
(FROM LEFT): The Verandah's chicken curry.; Phubs Phubolicious Pho.//courtesy of DECO
Following the grand opening, DECO will be open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and bar service, weekdays starting at 7 a.m. and closing at 11 p.m., with extended hours on weekends, bringing a lively new food-and-drink destination to downtown Wilmington, morning through late night, seven days a week.
For more information, visit decowilmington.com.