The Ice Cream Festival Returns to Rockwood Park This Weekend
The ultimate summer event features kids' activities, historical demonstrations, food and shopping vendors and more.
Adobe Stock.//By THPStock
I scream, you scream, we all scream for…the Ice Cream Festival! The ultimate summer event returns Saturday, June 29 at Rockwood Museum and Park. The event kicks off at noon and includes something fun and delicious for all ages.
Activities for kids include:
- Bubble demonstrations with Grandpop Bubbles
- Face painting by Party Business
- Hot air balloon presented by Rockwood Park Preservation Society
- Kiddie Train presented by WJBR
- Music by Superstar DJ
- Photo booth by Framed & Focused and more.
- Stilt walkers and more.
Historical demonstrations and exhibitors include:
- Crafts and activities with Delaware Children’s Museum
- Blacksmith with Fort Delaware State Park
- Spinning yarn with Greenbank Mills & Philips Farm
- Solar viewing with Mount Cuba Astronomical Observatory
- Basket weaving with PartnerShip Crafts by Joan Betzold
- Local house museum The Sanderson Museum
- Art restoration activity with Winterthur Museum, Garden & Library and more.
And of course, there will be ice cream! Satisfy your sweet tooth at:
- Caffe Gelato
- Dino's Water Ice
- Ice Cream Shoppe
- Kilby Cream
- Kona Ice of Newark/Elkton
- UDairy Creamery
- Woodside Farm Creamery
In case you want more than just ice cream, there will also be food and drink vendors, including:
- Caffe Gelato
- Crossan Kettle Corn
- Farmer's Famous Fish
- Famous Sgt. BOB Smoke BBQ and Grill
- FIRST STATE CATERING
- GiGi & Big R Soul/Caribbean Food Truck
- Mojo Loco
- Pizza Capo
- The Roaming Raven
- Trailer + Tap Mobile Bar (a mobile bar serving birch beer and root beer)
- Veronica’s Kitchen
- Wild Bill's Soda
Be sure to check out dozens of vendors in the vintage marketplace, as well as Author’s Alley (which will feature local authors). There will be live, rotating entertainment throughout the afternoon and evening and to top it off, fireworks at dusk.
All guests are asked to use the free shuttle from Rockwood Office Park, (500 Carr Road) from noon-10 p.m., which also includes a handicap-accessible bus. From 5-10 p.m., a free shuttle will be available from Mt. Pleasant High School.
There is no access to Carr Road from Marsh Road due to construction. Rockwood Road and all intersecting streets from Washington Street Extension to Miller Road will be closed to thru traffic through the duration of the event.
What: Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Festival
Where: Rockwood Park and Museum, 4651 Washington Street Extension, Wilmington
When: Saturday, June 29, beginning at noon (Rain date: Sunday, June 30)
Why: Proceeds benefit the preservation and support of the Rockwood Museum and Park and the Rockwood Park Preservation Society.
Price: $5 Adults; children 12 and under are free with adult admission. There is free parking and a shuttle from 501 Carr Road.