Transport Your Taste Buds to the Caribbean
Don’t miss Caffé Gelato’s Rum Runner dinner.
Courtesy of Caffé Gelato
If you can’t be on vacation this week, you can at least take your taste buds on one! Head to Caffé Gelato on Thursday, June 22, for a special rum-infused dinner with rum expert Karl Kadar. Seats are $69 per person and include a six-course meal, featuring special rum pairings.
The menu will include:
- Reception: Conch fritters served with green papaya-jicama slaw and citrus honey-rum dipping sauce and pulled Caribbean jerk chicken on a plantain chip.
- Appetizer: Sugar cane-skewered shrimp with pineapple and roasted pepper chutney and rum-habañero sauce.
- Rum: Flor de Cana Centenario (12-year)
- Soup: Cinnamon and nutmeg-seasoned Caribbean beef stew.
- Salad: Fresh pineapple and sliced avocado served over romaine hearts tossed with shaved red onion, toasted coconut and vanilla-rum vinaigrette.
- Rum: Flor de Cana Centenario (18-year)
- Intermezzo: Piña Colada sorbetto.
- Entree: Honey and key lime-glazed Caribbean lobster served with rum-jerk butter, ginger sautéed onions, jerk bell peppers, pickled mango risotto and sautéed sweet corn with scallions and cilantro.
- Rum: Brugal 1888
- Dessert: Caribbean sweet potato rum cake and Blue Chair Bay Spiced coconut cream.
Rum Runner Dinner
Thursday, June 22
90 E. Main St., Newark