Kick Your Friday Night Dinner Plans Up a Notch
Chef MacGregor Mann is making a four-course feast at the Brandywine River Museum of Art on Friday, Dec. 8.
Want to start your weekend off right? Look no further than the Brandywine River Museum of Art’s Millstone Café, where chef MacGregor Mann is cooking up a four-course wild game meal this Friday, Dec. 8, from 6–9 p.m. Selected wine or beer pairings will accompany each course.
Prior to dinner, enjoy private access to the museum galleries. The cost is $105 for members, $120 for nonmembers.
- Soup: Roasted chestnut soup with smoked Seckel pear and duck confit
- Small bites: Quail roulade with pheasant sausage and cornbread stuffing; a terrine of wild game with quince marmalade and roman mustard; and wild boar Bolognese with black garlic Pappardelle and truffled pecorino
- Main: Slow-cooked venison Osso Bucco paired with locally milled cornmeal polenta, kohlrabi kraut and apple Schnitz and sautéed mustard greens
- Dessert: Individual chocolate pots de crème topped with whipped crème fraîche and cocoa nibs
- Beer pairings:
- First course: Brew Free or Die Blood Orange IPA (21st Amendment, CA)
- Second course: Little Round Hop Cider (Big Hill Cider Works, PA)
- Third course: Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale (Founder’s, MI)
- Dessert: Lancaster Milk Stout (Lancaster Brewing, PA)
- Wine pairings:
- First course: Chateau Ste. Michelle Chardonnay, WA
- Second course: Di Giovanna Helios Rosso, Sicily *Organic
- Third course: Horse Heaven Hills H3 Cabernet, Columbia Crest, WA
- Dessert: La Spinetta Chianti, Tuscany
Brandywine River Museum of Art
1 Hoffman’s Mill Road, Chadds Ford, Pa.
(610) 388-2700 • www.brandywine.org