3 Delicious New Year’s Eve Finds
There’s something fun for everyone.
If you've waited until the clock is about to strike midnight to make plans for New Year’s Eve, you're in luck. We've found three fun (and delicious) ways you can ring in 2017.
Here they are, in no particular order.
1. A Night to Remember at Blue Earl Brewing
4 p.m.–12:30 a.m.
210 Artisan Drive, Smyrna
Chef Willie Enchill and his crew have whipped up a five-course menu, each paired with a different Blue Earl brew.
Tickets are $119 per person for an eight-course dinner, live band, dancing, cocktails, Champagne, craft beer and wine. Dinner starts at 8 p.m.—or arrive at 10 p.m. for a live band, dancing, cocktails, Champagne, craft beer and wine for $79 per person.
- Shrimp cocktail
- Paired with Walking Shoes—German-Style Hefeweizen
- Fried lobster rolls with teriyaki sauce and wasabi ginger
- Paired with Honeysuckle Rose—Belgian Blonde Ale
- Poached Alaskan salmon in Sauvignon Blanc with root beer foam
- Paired with When Doves Cry—Vienna Lager
- Smoked coffee and maple syrup prime rib with blueberry demi glace or au jus
- Paired with Walking Blues—IPA
- Paired with Top of the World—Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Stout
2. Celebrate New Year’s Eve at Caffé Gelato Restaurant
8 p.m.–1 a.m.
90 E. Main St., Newark
- Yukon gold potato blini with Champagne espuma and caviar
- Fried pumpkin ravioli with Gorgonzola “mousse”
- Prosciutto-wrapped shrimp with lemon-artichoke aioli
- Lamb “lollipops” with veal demi glace
- Artisan cheese charcuterie boards
- Roasted fingerling “chips” with smoked salmon, lemon chive whipped mascarpone and caviar
- Flatbreads with lobster, mascarpone and dill pickled onions
- Flatbreads with rosemary beef tenderloin, arugula pesto and Gorgonzola
- Lobster and triple cream Brie with Piquillo pepper jam on toast points
- Champagne-blood orange risotto “spoons” with poached bay scallops and chives
- Crab cakes with lemon-crème fraîche
- Butter-poached, cold water lobster; house-crafted ricotta tarragon gnocchi
- House-crafted, pumpkin, mascarpone and goat cheese ravioli, truffle emulsion, sautéed baby spinach, toasted walnuts and melted leeks
- Mixed baby greens salad with roasted beets, shaved fennel, blood oranges, toasted walnuts, caprino fresco, Champagne—blood orange vinaigrette and pomegranate arils
- Blood orange sorbetto
- Pan-seared, center-cut filet mignon and pan-seared day boat scallops with butternut squash and mascarpone risotto, foie gras fortified, wild mushroom and Marsala emulsion, prosciutto-roasted Brussels sprouts and candied butternut squash seeds
- Mini strawberry-Champagne tart
- Raspberry, white chocolate and pistachio profiteroles
- Assorted petite fours and truffles
- Lemon-ricotta cookies with lemon glaze
- White chocolate hazelnut and cherry biscotti
- Mini crème brulee
- Cookies and holiday cookies
3. New Year’s Eve at Merchant Bar
426 N. Market St., Wilmington
Times vary depending on package—call 543-5574 for more information.
Merchant Bar has a New Year’s Eve package to suit almost anyone. Its date night dinner-for-two package comes with a three-course dinner and a bottle of sparkling wine. The open bar package is $50 in advance ($60 at the door) and includes open bar from 9 p.m.–midnight, a Champagne toast and late-night snacks. There is also a pay-as-you-go cover, which is $20, but does not include open bar.
Purchase tickets via Eventbrite, or call 543-5574 to discuss seating availability and pricing.
Prix Fixe Menu - $130 Per Couple
For the table:
- Bottle Simonet Blanc de Blanc Brut N/V
- Bright Peach, Apple, Bubbles for Days
First Course (choice of one):
- Marinated olives & hummus — Harissa crackers (v)(*gf)
- Red and gold pickled beets — ricotta, tarragon oil (v)(gf)
- Baked crab dip crab dip — jumbo lump crab, béchamel, brown butter crumbs, crudités, toasted baguette
- Tuna poke — ahi tuna, soy, avocado, scallion, crushed macadamia nuts, sesame seeds, tortilla chips
- Crispy calamari — sweet corn chow chow, spicy aioli
- Fried mozzarella — baby arugula, aged balsamic, sweet roasted pepper dip (v)
Entrée (choice of one):
- Sauteed shrimp — wild gulf shrimp, heirloom tomato salsa, queso fresco, cilantro (gf)
- Merchant burger — fresh ground chuck, Cooper sharp cheese, pickles, spicy sauce, chips
- Smoked duck — smoked duck breast, duck confit, shredded vegetable, hoisin sauce, sesame crepes (*gf)
- Mussels and frites — Nova Scotia mussels, white wine, garlic, bistro fries, crusty baguette (*gf)
- Moroccan chicken — olive-tomato tagine, golden raisin, Harissa olive oil (gf)
- Crab pad Thai — jumbo lump crab, rice noodles, Thai shrimp sauce, salted peanuts, bean sprouts (gf)
- Pizza tart — Fontina cheese, caramelized onions, creamy bechamel sauce, rosemary (v)
- Vanilla semifreddo drops, lemon curd, black pepper shortbread